Last night, I was really craving french fries, so I decided to use some leftover sweet potatoes I had in the fridge to make baked sweet potato fries. They turned out pretty tasty. They’re healthy, yet satisfied my craving for french fries. They’re pretty inexpensive to make, provided you’re able to find a good sale on sweet potatoes or yams. Healthy and cheap means they get an A in my book.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries (Adapted from Ina Garten’s Baked Sweet Potato Fries)
2 sweet potatoes, peeled
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Cut sweet potatoes into french fries
3. Place wedges on cookie sheet. Pour olive oil over the fries. Toss to mix.
4. Sprinkle over brown sugar, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
5. Spread french fries in a single layer.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn fries over.
7. Bake another 15 minutes, or until brown and crispy.
Hello! Welcome to the home of practical parenting tips that save you money. I'm Rebecca, the creative mind behind this site.
I am also a professional writer... and I'd be happy to work with you on your next project.
ContactFeel free to contact me at doggonethrifty [at] gmail [dot] com. I'd love to hear from you!